It’s been a while since I posted about our progress on the Congocast documentary film – but things have been moving along! Here’s a quick list of where we’re at and some things coming up:
WRAPPING UP POST PRODUCTION
- Right now, we are currently on our third cut of the film. Our initial “assembly” clocked in at 110 minutes and our second rounded out at about 100 minutes – so we have been working to whittle things down and create the tightest narrative possible. With our newest iteration of the film, we’ve created a really solid story that we’re so excited to share with you.
- We’ve held a few small screenings of these versions of the documentary for feedback. We’ve learned two things: we have more work to do AND we have a very compelling story that the world needs to hear.
- Filmmaker’s Collaborative (FC) in Waltham, MA accepted our application and has become our fiscal sponsor to help us with raising finishing funds for the film. This will allow us to accept tax deductible donations as we move towards completing post production and explore distribution options.
- We also had the opportunity to screen the teaser for the film at Filmmaker’s Collaborative’s “Making Media Now” conference this month as part of a session they do each year called the “Art of the Pitch.” It was a great experience and we received some incredibly helpful feedback from the Boston doc community.
- In the coming weeks we will be providing a place for you to donate towards the completion of the film and share this opportunity with others – SO STAY TUNED!
Cutting the film down to this latest iteration has been by far the most difficult task in editing so far – most certainly a labor of love. There’s so much great stuff in the 200 hours of footage we shot, but when you’re trying to make it under 90 minutes, sometimes you have to make tough choices for the sake of the story. We’re hoping as we get closer to the end of the editing process that we can share with you via twitter/facebook/this blog some behind the scenes videos and clips from the film – so please keep in touch with us!
Click here to follow the film on Facebook or Twitter to stay in the loop as we get closer to releasing the film!
©2017 VETTER CREATIVE, Inc.